Check out the following exam prep tips and tricks:
- Talk with the teacher: Teachers often provide study guides that your child can use as a reference when studying.
- Provide study breaks: Planning short 15-minute breaks can help your child relax and be more focused when it’s time to go back to studying.
- Make fun flash cards: Use colorful pens, stickers, or magazine cutouts to spice up plain flash cards to make studying a little more exciting.
- Designate a study space: Providing a designated study space that is distraction-free can help your child focus on their work and retain information.
- Keep your child hydrated: Studies have shown that drinking water before an exam can improve grades by 10 percent and even alleviate anxiety.
- Prepare a healthy breakfast: Consuming a healthy breakfast the day of the exam can improve mental processes by providing the brain with energy and essential vitamins.